Raw Chocolate Ice Box
|Mar 30, 2017||
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Welcome to healthy chocolate heaven! This raw chocolate ice box is filled with nutritious and delicious ingredients that will give you joy and energy throughout your day. Honestly, this recipe was one of those things that I could not live without the last 2 months. Reason being, I tried to cut out sugar from my diet. I know it is a bad habit, but I feel I need to treat myself to something sweet after a meal. When I eat a raw chocolate, it gives me the same satisfaction as any "normal" chocolate, yet without the guilty feelings, because it is not filled with refined sugar, but rather it enhances my health because it is high in Omega 3's and magnesium. Coconut oil was once reviled because it is a saturated fat, but recent research suggest that virgin, non-hydrogenated coconut oil is actually heart-healthy. I use coconut oil in so many recipes. It is most certainly one of those must-have ingredients. Please note that coconut oil will be in liquid form when it is room temperature, but will be solid as soon as you but it in the fridge or freezer. I therefor make a batch of these delicious chocolates and then I freeze them and enjoy it whenever I feel like spoiling myself. This is is an exceptionally rich, no-bake, raw tart. An absolute must try if you are passionate about health, but don't want to miss out on the "yummy stuff".
|Servings||Calories Per Serving||Effort|
- 1 cup coconut desiccated, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup almonds ground
- 1 1/3 cups raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup 100%
- 1 1/3 cups coconut oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup almond butter unsweetened
|No. of Servings:||blocks|
For the crust
- Prepare a small baking dish with a sheet of baking paper.
- Mix together the 1/3 cup cacao powder, coconut, ground almonds, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/3 cup coconut oil. Mix well to form a crust. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
For the creamy topping
- Put the almond butter, remaining 1 cup cacao powder, 1/4 cup agave nectar and 1 cup coconut oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the chilled crust. Chill for another 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Keep in the freezer or in the fridge.
Raw Chocolate Ice Box
Amount Per Serving
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Sodium 4mg 0%
Potassium 45mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.