10 EASY WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST
1. Don’t skip breakfast
Your stomach and your spleen are at their strongest in the morning. It is important to eat breakfast because it regulates your metabolism. Failing to do so, your brain releases a stress hormone that interprets food as being scarce. If you eat later, your body releases more insulin to make more fat as food may be scarce.If you are a sucker for fad diets, it slows down your metabolic enzyme function in the body. This causes your fat cells to bloat and makes them toxic.
2. Don’t fall for fad diets
Jumping from the next crazy diets plan to the next slows down your metabolic enzyme function in the body. This causes your fat cells to bloat and become toxic.
3. Drink a cup of warm water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
This simple “daily detox habit” will clean your organs and get your metabolism going for the day.
4. Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners
Why? It is simple. Besides the fact that it contains empty calories, it also lowers the metabolism.
5. Take enough essential fatty acids
Essential fatty acids nourish your endocrine (hormonal) system. Why is that important for weight loss? The endocrine system regulates you metabolism and if it doesn’t work efficiently, you will have a gain weight for no reason.
6. Chew your food properly
Take your time when you eat. It is suggested to chew your food about 20 times before you swallow it. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it is full and many of us eat so fast we never get the signal in time and then tend to overeat.
7. Pair up with somebody for better long-term results
If you are married, aim to get your partner involved as well. Researchers at the University of Connecticut found that couples support each other by working together. Having an accountability partner also helps, especially when the temptations arise. It is a lot of fun to experience the highs (losing weight) and lows (having self-control and following a restrictive diet) together.
8. Try to finish your evening meal by 7pm
Late-night eating is a recipe for weight gain as the body will not use a lot of calories while you sleep and it will be stored as fat.
9. If you are going to a party or dining out, make sure you have a big snack beforehand
Don’t let attending parties or dining out be stumbling blocks in your weight loss process. The trick is to eat enough healthy things before you go so that you don’t feel too hungry and tempted.
10. Check your emotions
Oftentimes overeating is triggered by stress, loneliness, depression or boredom. When you learn to deal with your emotions without food is a wonderful skill to master that will greatly help in your mission to manage your weight.
Foods to avoid when you try to lose weight
- Sugar and any food with refined sugar
- Wheat products (bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits and pies)
- Salty food or processed food (tinned and packaged)
- Soft drinks (carbonated drinks)
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Cheese and dairy products (these foods are difficult to digest)
- Cut down on salt
- Artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame. Aspartame can upset the endocrine system by slowing down the function of the thyroid and thereby slowing down metabolic rate, which defeat the reason for taking it.