Easy Gluten-Free Bread
|Oct 10, 2015||
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Nothing quit beats a warm slice of toast with a thick layer on butter spread over it. This bread is high in protein and will also provide you with great omega-3's.
This gluten-free bread is a staple food in our house!
I received this delicious recipe from my friend, Mieke van der Vyver, who has always been a huge inspiration when it comes to creating healthy food. Thank you for sharing it!
Here are a few great serving suggestions: It is simply wonderful with only butter spread over it. Mashed avocado's are also a wonderful healthy and delicious option. Topping the toast with a mini caprese salad (basil pesto, ripe tomatoes and mozzarella cheese). Lastly, top the toast with homemade pesto, rocket and balsamic salad dressing.
Happy gluten-free eating!
|Servings||Calories Per Serving||Effort|
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup almond
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats or ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cup water
|No. of Servings:||loaf|
- Mix all the dry ingredients and stir well. Whisk the maple syrup, coconut oil and water together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is completely soaked and the dough becomes very thick. If the dough is too thick, add one or two teaspoons of water.
- Add the mixture to a prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Let the mixture sit on the counter overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175 C. Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake another 30 - 40 minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let it cool completely down before slicing.
- Store the bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. This bread also freezes well. Slice is before freezing and then simply take a slice out and pop it into the toaster!
Easy Gluten-Free Bread
Amount Per Serving
Calories 4917 Calories from Fat 2772
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 308g 474%
Saturated Fat 63g 315%
Polyunsaturated Fat 138g
Monounsaturated Fat 77g
Sodium 1920mg 80%
Potassium 1890mg 54%
Total Carbohydrates 434g 145%
Dietary Fiber 151g 604%
Protein 174g 348%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.