|Aug 14, 2018||
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
I make a batch of the Super Granola once a month and have it with almond milk in the mornings. It is filled with a lot of goodness and will keep you going for a long time. It is slow-energy releasing and if you make it with the dehydrator, it is 100% raw as well. Normally granolas is filled with loads of sugar and nasty vegetable oils. This is definitely not the case here. It is a powerhouse of nuts, superfood and oats and your body will thank you for it. Please enjoy!
|Servings||Calories Per Serving||Effort|
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups dates pitted, soaked in the water
- 1/2 cup mesquite powder *find it in a health shop or online, it is basically "white carob"
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups oats
- 4 cups mixed nuts and seeds *I buy the mixed nuts without peanuts
|No. of Servings:||portions|
- Soak dates in water for 5 - 10 minutes. Blend all the paste ingredients together until smooth.
- Pulse the mixed nuts in a food processor or blender until it is still crunchy, but smaller bits. Mix the crunched nuts with oats. Add the paste and mix well.
- Dehydrate in a dehydrator for 12 hours on solid sheets. After 12 hours, place it on the mesh trays and dry for a further 36 hours until completely crisp.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Sodium 109mg 5%
Potassium 178mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 0.2%
Vitamin C 0.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.